Dr Stephen Kimberly’s Newsletter on Q Omegas
Why should we take omega 3 supplements?
Q Sciences has a master plan – and each product is carefully chosen and crafted towards to goal of optimal health for people of all ages and conditions. Next to the superior micronutrient foundation provided by EMPowerplus Q96, the next order of business is to address the issue of essential fatty acids (EFAs). We knew from the get-go that an omega product was near the top of the list, but, as always, it needed to be something truly revolutionary to pass the “fatty acid test”!
Unless you are lucky enough to eat salmon twice a day, you may be in dire need of balanced supplementation with omega 3, 6, and 9 omegas in the proper proportion – about five times as much omega 3 compared to omega 6. These amazing oily compounds are involved in many of the crucial biological processes that keep our bodies healthy. This means purifying the organ systems, optimizing the cell function, and protecting tissues (heart, brain, lungs, liver, arteries, muscles, and nerves) from the degenerative aging process. Clinical studies have shown that adequate levels of the omega 3’s DHA, EPA, and ALA have profound benefits throughout the body. If you regularly take raw fish and seed oils, your circulating levels of EFAs will increase. As a result you will live longer and be healthier, improving or completely preventing devastating chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and dementia. This is not a theory, as there are literally thousands of clinical studies from around the world that bear this out in no uncertain terms.
The Q Omegas Difference:
We included oils from wild, North Atlantic cold-water fish (salmon, mackerel, etc) that provide over 250 mg of DHA/EPA per capsule, along with an additional 65 mg of alpha linoleic acid (ALA) from flax seed oil and 50 mg of GLA (an omega 6 fatty acid). ALA is an important omega 3 that is missing from pure fish oil capsules.
This is literally all that we can pack into one capsule! When comparing this to other omega capsules be sure and look at the serving size, as many manufacturers make it seem as if they have very high levels of omega 3s but list a serving size as up to three capsules. If you have heart disease, memory issues, or otherwise feel you need more omegas, just take an additional capsule daily before a meal.
To say that omega-3s are popular is a vast understatement. But – newsflash – oil and water still don’t mix! The shelves are full of omega capsules, most of which are jest a mix of fish oils of uncertain origin and quality. That is why we designed Q Qmegas to be more bioavailable, rather than just the usual glop of oil that is hard to digest and absorb. Try this simple test that clearly demonstrates the Q Omegas difference:
- Cut the tops off the standard omega supplement and a Q Omegas capsule.
- Squeeze the contents of each into a separate glass of warm water.
- Stir and observe.
Note that the standard fish oil remains in globules on the top of the water and no matter how much you stir, it just coagulates into floating drops of oil. Q Omegas, on the other hand, drops to the bottom of the glass in a hazy gel that gradually dissolves. This is because the Phospholipid activators have changed the basic electrochemistry of the EFAs, making them more soluble and active for full absorption in the intestines. The acids and digestive enzymes in the intestinal tract will rapidly break down the gel for transport into the bloodstream, but they have little or no effect on the floating oil globules. Clearly, having a more soluble formula makes a huge difference in blood EFA levels and this means that you get the full benefits.
- Lowers cholesterol
- Reduces risk of chronic disease
- Supports heart and brain health
- Improves cellular function
- Promotes healthy inflammation
- Supports healthy aging
STUDIES INDICATE THAT REGULAR USE STABILIZES MOODS AND HELPS RELIEVE BOTH DEPRESSION AND GENERAL ANXIETY.
Omega EFA benefits can be greatly enhanced by including a group of ingredients that help restore the electrostatic charge that allows the EFAs to bind with receptors in the brain, heart and other tissues. As such, Dr. Kimberly designed Q Omegas to fully potentiate this activity at the receptor level by including other key micronutrients. There is NO OTHER omega supplement that contains this combination of ingredients, and since DMAE and citicoline are amazing products on their own, Q Omegas is really three products in one!
- DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) – Normally found in small amounts in our brains, supplemental DMAE converts into the vital neurotransmitter acetylcholine. DMAE has been demonstrated to elevate mood, increase intelligence, and improve memory and learning. It helps prevent aging of cells in the nerves, brain, and skin. It was originally researched and produced by a psychologist/life extension specialist in the 1950s and sold as a prescription medication (DEANER) for preventing dementia. It helps prevent the accumulation of harmful lipofuscin in the brain tissue. Lipofuscin is metabolic debris that also causes liver spots on the back of the hands.
- Citicoline – a rate type of choline that activates biosynthesis of phospholipids in nerve membraines, increases brain metabolism, and protects the brain and nerves from low oxygen and free-radical damage. Research at the University of Utah in 2011 showed that healthy women between the ages of 40 and 60 years who were randomly assigned to receive the same dosage of citicoline in one Q Omegas had improved attention scores compared to placebo. Citicoline really boosts acetylcholine activity in the brain, and has even been shown to improve vision and other nerve functions.
- Lipase – a fat-digesting enzyme that helps break down omegas for full and rapid absorption. This helps prevent the fishy aftertaste that some experience with standard fish oil capsules.
- Lecithin – helps emulsify (break up) omega fatty acids for easy absorption. This nutrient is in every cell in the body and concentrates in brain tissue where it may reach levels of 17%.
These additional components are what make Q Sciences’ omega formula the best there is. They take the natural benefits of omega-3s and supercharge them by improving digestion, absorption, metabolism and potency at the cellular level. DMAE and citicoline work synergistically with the oils to directly enhance the health of cells in the heart, brain, skin, and organs.
Here are some of the health benefits from regular use of Q Omegas as a potentiated complex of vital omega essential fatty acids and co-factors:
- Decreases both cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Regular use will help “clean” cholesterol-laden plaque from the arteries.
- DMAE prevents accumulation of metabolic debris in the brain and other tissues.
- Studies indicate that regular use stabilizes moods and helps relieve both depression and general anxiety.
- Cell membrane function is stimulated, so vital nutrients can move into the cells from the bloodstream.
- Higher blood levels of EFAs boost metabolic activity in tissues throughout the body, relieving sluggishness and promoting healthy weight and muscle mass.
- Improves back and joint pain as well as arthritis by reducing inflammation.
- Regular use may reduce risks for heart disease and diabetes by up to 45%
- Helps prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s by preserving brain function and volume – up to 10% increase in hippocampal region associated with cognition, best taken regularly before or within two years of age-related memory loss.
- By reducing inflammation, Q Omegas decrease pain and help prevent degenerative musculoskeletal problems (back pain, arthritis).
Even though it is common knowledge that EFAs are good for you, there are still many who are hesitant to start regular supplements because of misconceptions.
- What about mercury? All ingredients in Q Omegas are USP pure, meaning that there are no toxic elements. Fish may contain mercury and other toxins. For this reason, the EPA may limit fish recommendations for pregnant women but does not put limits on fish oil intake.
- What about fats? The fats in these oils actually help but body fat by ramping up metabolism at the cellular level. In the process, harmful blood fats (cholesterol, triglycerides) are reduced considerably.
- What about combine? Q Omegas can be combined with other Q Sciences products or other micronutrients without problems. Because omegas thin the blood slightly, you may bleed more easily but that is usually a good thing. If you are taking blood thinners, let your doctor know you are taking Q Omegas. If you are scheduled for a surgical procedure, suspend use for a week before to limit bleeding.
You can see how comparing Q Omegas with other omega products is simply no contest. By combining these ingredients in one capsule, key phospholipid interactions are activated even before you take it – much like the chelation process with EMPowerplus Q96. From the price standpoint, if you add up the costs of DMAE, citicoline, and a quality fish and flax seed oil supplement, Q Omegas are a great buy. I take one a day before breakfast, with an extra dose when I am stressed or have the need for mental sharpness.
These statements have not been evaluated by the food and drug administration. The product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure of prevent any disease.